1. The implementation of the “One District One Scholarship” Project for the second time in the 4th year
The methods and criteria to select people to receive the scholarship were approved at the meeting. There will also be a competitive examination with the same regulations as the one conducted before. To be eligible for the interview, one must get at least 70% of the score from examination in Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and English. These criteria will ensure that the examination is using the same standards to the one conducted when the project was first implemented.
The timeline for the project is shown below:
- Publicizing the project: May-June 2013
- Submission of Applications: June17 – July 31 2013
- Announcement of applicants eligible for examination:August 30,2013
- Paper Exam: October13, 2013
- Announcement of Exam results: November29, 2013
- Interviews: December8, 2013
- Announcement of scholarship winners: December30,2013
- Scholarship winners report to the office: January6-10,2014
- Orientation: March 2014
- Language and Culture Preparation: From April 2014 onward(This period will be longer than the last time to ensure readiness for study)
- Scholarship winners travel to study abroad:September 2014
2. Third year scholarship winner studying in Thailand was permitted to change subject and move to private university.
At the meeting, it was agreed that a student from Ang Thong Province who had won a scholarship in the “One District One Scholarship” Project in the third year would be permitted to change his area of study and university. He is currently a first year student of the Veterinary Medicine Faculty in Mahidol University and wishes to move to the Faculty of Medicine in Rangsit University.The scholarship winner aimed to become a doctor and had considered that a private university would offer courses of high quality. There were five more scholarship winners from the third year who had requested to change their areas of study and university, and who were also given the permission.
Permission was granted according to the regulations of the scholarship in the third year, which stated that “Scholarship winners should first consider studying in public universities, but, if it is necessaryfor them to study in private universities, permission might be granted after consideration by the “One District One Scholarship” Committee.