The Minister of Education, Mr. Phongthep Thepkanjana, spoke about the Cabinet's resolutions on educational affairs on 19 March 2013. The two major issues were as follows:
Approval of a Framework for Cooperation concerning the Educational Partnership between the Thai and the New Zealand Governments
The Minister of Education said that the Cabinet had already approved the proposed framework of cooperation and, prior to the signing of this document, if any modifications were needed for less important contents, the Ministry of Education could discuss this with the Department of Treaties and Laws of the Foreign Affairs Ministry without proposing it again to the Cabinet.
Approval of Regulations on Annual Money Awards for the Fiscal Year 2011 for Public Offices, Provincial Offices and Universities
1. The Cabinet agreed that public officers should be categorized into three groups according to the amount of money to be awarded. The regulations are as follows:
- The first group consists of senior officers (lower and higher executives, lower and higher administrators and qualified and specialized academics) who will enjoy the payment rate of 1.00;
- The second group consists of the intermediate level public officers (skilled and special skilled academics) who will enjoy the payment rate of 1.25; and
- The third group consists of the lower level public officers (operational academics and general officers) who will enjoy the payment rate of 1.40.
2. The Cabinet also approved the proposed regulations and approaches of money award payment for the fiscal year of 2011 for the money awards of 2011.